An Academic library is a dynamic instrument of education. It supports the institution, to which it belongs, in fulfilling the aims and objectives. Library of Sailajananda Falguni Smriti Mahavidyalaya caters to the needs of academic community of the college six days a week except Sunday to support the curriculum and research programmes of the institution and helps to conserve and disseminate knowledge. It has already crossed a milestone of a collection of 14416 books including texts & references (As per accession register) in the fields of humanities and social sciences.
To supplement the needs of teaching and learning community of the college, the library subscribes to a few printed journals and popular magazines like “Seminar”, “Kurukshetra”, “Yojana”, “Careers 360” and “Prout” etc. The library has also started the subscription of two daily newspapers and two career related weekly- Employment News and Karmakshetra. The library also provides the sincere, meritorious and deprived students the facilities of Book-Banking. The facility of reading room and computerized cataloguing are also available in the library.
The library also aims at increasing the electronic footprint by subscribing to N-List, the UGC initiative of electronic and online journal consortium exclusively meant for colleges.
Aims and Objectives
• To serve the curricular, cultural and general education requirement of the academic community.
• To provide reference materials at appropriate levels.
• To provide study areas of users relevant to the aims and objectives of the college.
• To provide a lending service appropriate to different types of users.
• To encourage reading habits particularly of the student community and to make them aware of the importance of Library in career building.
• To provide an active information service.